Job Title: Childcare Activity Leader
Salary: £6.83 – £10.42 hour depending on age and experience
Hours: 2.45pm – 6.30pm
Days: Monday to Friday
Reporting to: Childcare Club Manager
At Pioneer Childcare we believe that every child deserves the best possible start in life. That’s why we employ the most skilful and capable staff. Our aim is to provide opportunities that allow children to thrive in environments that are stimulating, engaging and fun.
As an Childcare Activity Leader you will be part of the team specifically responsible for working at Afterschool Club delivering engaging and fun activities to the children in our care.
The role is usually term time only; however, we do run successful holiday camps in Brighton with the attraction of additional hours throughout the year if you want to join in.
You will support children in all aspects of club, including the delivery of activities, during high-tea, and at transitioning times. You will ensure that you are an excellent role model and meet the standards expected to deliver our high-quality childcare.
- Ensure children are happy and engaged in their activities
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the children
- Build effective relationships with children and your colleagues
- To develop your skills and experience through regular supervision and in-house training
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to
- Attend regular training and development opportunities
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of Education and Welfare or Club Manager, your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Actively supporting your club:
- Ensure children are safe, happy, and secure
- Work with children of all ages and abilities
- Lead activities
- Follow plans and adapt when required
- Work with the HEW or Childcare Club Manager to:
- Organise children between activities
- Have clear communication with your colleagues
- Be a role model for children and younger staff
- Attend Club meetings and use supervision effectively
- Be aware of staff ratios at all times
- Develop a good understanding of Pioneer Characters and their values
What we offer:
- Fantastic support with weekly meetings
- Flexible working patterns to dovetail with other commitments.
- Excellent Company ethos and vision
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid accredited training
- Discounted childcare
- Rewards for recommending friends to come and join the team
- Excellent career progression
- Fun working environment
- Staff social events
- Free uniform
- Additional hours at our Holiday Camps
To apply, or to find out more, please visit our website and download an application form or get in contact – we’d love to hear from you.
www.pioneerchildcare.co.uk | 01444 411388 | email@example.com
Pioneer Childcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any job offer is subject to obtaining two positive references and the completion of an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
There is also the requirement to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.
Pioneer Childcare nurtures diversity through inclusive practices. We will consider all qualified applications for this position regardless of their age, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disabilities, or other characteristics.
Pioneer Childcare are an equal opportunities employer, we value equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a fair organisation and do not discriminate against candidates, we also consider requests on application from candidates wishing to work flexibly, part time or job share.
As an employer Pioneer Childcare are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff and reasonable adjustments will be made during the application and interview process.
|Salary||£6.38 - £10.42/hour depending on age and experience|