Job Description Inclusion Worker
Pioneer Childcare have been providing high quality wraparound care to schools across Sussex for over 10 years, and we are looking for a skilled Inclusion Worker to join our team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual looking to support children with SEND to engage in our settings to the fullest of their potential withing a thriving and supportive childcare Company.
- That the child is able to access as many activities as possible and will be adept at amending activities to meet the child’s needs.
- To help support the child’s play experiences where needed but also encourage the child’s independence and interaction with peers.
- To help facilitate the child’s communication, acting as an advocate for the child where required
- Liaise with all stakeholders on the child’s progress
- To set up any additional equipment or resources specifically needed for the child
- Work with other agencies to gain support, advice and knowledge about an individual child and their particular needs
- Complete weekly record sheets for the child to capture what they enjoyed, their achievements, changing needs and behaviours, best practice and strategies.
- If required develop a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) for the child who would need additional assistance in leaving the club if an emergency evacuation occurred.
- Ensure that the whole team to get to know the child and how best to support them
- Attend staff meetings, supervisions and 1:1 appraisals
- Attend training and CPD opportunities
- To have positive ambitions for the child and their personal and social development, building on their strengths and achievements to offer appropriate support that compliments the child’s development
Working hours and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Training and support
- Company pension
- Holiday pay
- Team events
- Overtime during school holidays
- Committed to the inclusion of children with special educational needs and disabilities
- Committed to high quality childcare
- Work in complex situations
- Proactive thinking and planning
Education and Experience
- One years’ experience working with SEND children and their families
- Level 2 0r 3 CACHE/NVQ (or equivalent)
- Experience in liaising with stakeholders
Pioneer Childcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any job offer is subject to obtaining two positive references and the completion of an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. There is also the requirement to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.
As an employer Pioneer Childcare are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff and reasonable adjustments will be made during the application and interview process.
|Job Category||Childcare, SEND|
|Salary||£8.20 - £9.00 per hour|
|Hours||2.45-6.10pm plus 10 hours office time|
|Experience||1 years experience with SEND|