Job Title: Head of Education and Welfare
Hours: 40 hours per week
38-weeks term time
1 week INSET Camp
25 days Camp management
Non-working time 8 weeks
Reporting to: Area Manager
Location: East Grinstead
At Pioneer Childcare we believe that every child deserves the best possible start in life. That’s why we employ the most skilful and capable staff. Our aim is to provide opportunities that allow children to thrive in environments that are stimulating, engaging and fun.
As a Head of Education and Welfare you will manage a setting and be independently responsible for the running of Afterschool Club and Holiday Camp, delivering safe, planned, and fun activities to the children in our care.
You will have the independence to ensure that the high-quality activities delivered at your club reflect the needs and interests of the children you look after. You will independently hold the stakeholder relationships and ensure growth within the Club and Camp.
- Ensure the children are happy and settled at club
- Independently manage all aspects of club, including staffing and logistics
- Identify growth potential for your Club and plan accordingly
- To hold all stakeholder relationships, children, parents, school, Ofsted, and other external agencies
- Have a thorough knowledge of safeguarding and prevent
- Be able to work independently
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Area Manager, your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Actively managing your club:
- Independently manage club staffing and logistics
- Ensure that all planning is high quality
- Ensure all staff are delivering sessions to a high standard
- Overall responsibility for providing high tea
- Manage all administrative tasks, including the writing of risk assessments
- Be the point of contact for parents and schools
- Independently manage safeguarding concerns and referrals
Work with Area Manager
- Supervise your staff team, complete appraisals, disciplinaries etc
- Independently hold the stakeholder relationships at your club
- Deliver training to your staff team
- Ensure your club is compliant with outside agencies, including Ofsted and Environmental Health
- Be an effective and agile thinker
- Run staff meetings either face-to-face or via Teams
What we offer:
- Fantastic support with weekly meetings
- Flexible working patterns to dovetail with other commitments.
- Excellent Company ethos and vision
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid accredited training.
- Discounted childcare
- Rewards for recommending friends to come and join the team.
- Excellent career progression
- Fun working environment
- Staff social events
- Free uniform
- Additional hours at our Holiday Camps
To apply, or to find out more, please visit our website and download an application form or get in contact – we’d love to hear from you.
www.pioneerchildcare.co.uk | 01444 411388 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Pioneer Childcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any job offer is subject to obtaining two positive references and the completion of an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
There is also the requirement to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.
Pioneer Childcare are an equal opportunities employer, we value equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a fair organisation and do not discriminate against candidates, we also consider requests on application from candidates wishing to work flexibly, part time or job share.
As an employer Pioneer Childcare are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff and reasonable adjustments will be made during the application and interview process
|Job Category||Childcare, Management|
|Hours||40 hours a week,|
|Experience||2 - 3 years childcare experience|